Girl Groups of Korea & Japan Made a Collaboration Stage at '2017 MAMA'
Nov 30, 2017
Girl groups from Korea and Japan made a special collaboration stage during '2017 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA)'.
On November 29 at 7PM KST, '2017 MAMA' took place at Yokohama Arena in Japan.
As it is the first-ever 'MAMA' held in Japan, girl groups of the two countries made a special collaboration stage.
Japan's AKB48 teamed up with Korea's PRISTIN, Weki Meki, Chungha, fromis_9 and contestants of 'Idol School'―and performed to 'PICK ME', 'Heavy Rotation' and 'Koisuru Fortune Cookie' together.
Nearly a hundred girls filled the stage and showed off their various charms through performing each other's hit songs together.
Right after the collaboration stage, Mnet announced a new project called 'Produce 48'.
According to Mnet's official statement, 'Produce 48' will be the program that will combine the competition concept of 'Produce 101' and 'idols you can meet' concept of 'AKB48'.
The statement also revealed that the program aims to form a global girl group based in Korea and Japan, and is expected to air sometime in mid-2018.
Check out the full list of winners from '2017 MAMA' in Japan below!
- Best New Female Artist: PRISTIN
- Best New Male Artist: Wanna One
- Best Asia Style in Japan: EXO-CBX
- Inspired Achievement: Akimoto Yasushi
- Best of Next: Chungha
- Best Female Group Dance Performance: TWICE
- Best Concert Performer: MONSTA X
- Discovery of the Year: NU'EST W
- MWave Global Fan's Choice: EXO
- Best Male Artist: Zico
- Best Male Group Dance Performance: SEVENTEEN
- Song of the Year: TWICE's 'Signal'
(Credit= 'mcountdown' Facebook, 'Mnet K-POP' YouTube)